Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Five Days

As in, five days left until my first 5k.

I'm glad I waited until today to post, because this morning's run was much better than last week's runs. Vastly better. Last week, while I was still South Beaching, I could barely slog through a mile. And when I was done I felt terrible. Weak, shaky. Just awful.

Today, after a weekend of relatively back-to-normal eating (I'm still trying to limit sweets and processed carbs), I was able to run/walk the entire 2.5 mile distance, with more running than walking. I think I probably ran almost 2 miles. And I felt pretty good...just normal post-running fatigue. I'll go out again Thursday and try to improve on my distance. And then maybe a shorter run Saturday just to prime the pump before Sunday morning...very early Sunday morning, I might add.

No comments: