Sunday, September 6, 2009

Resolution Update

How are my resolutions going? In a word: poorly.

1. Not exercising. I have managed a couple of walks, but that's about it. I did finish a big paper this past week, something that had been sucking up most of my free time, so perhaps now I'll be able to get it in gear. The thing is, I need to fit this in to my schedule, to plan on doing it every time on the same days, and so far...it just doesn't seem like I have the time in my schedule. I'll have to revisit this one.

2. Bedtimes have been later than 10 almost every night. In part that's because I had that paper I was working on. In order to get that work done plus all my teaching prep and homework, I simply had to work past 10 p.m. Often I was up until midnight and still had to wake up early in order to be ready for teaching. Again, now that this paper is done I hope I'll have more normal evening time to devote to my prep and homework.

3. Snacking has been prolific. I snack when I work, and I've been working a lot. I just paused my typing to eat a bite of pound cake. Sigh.

Ugh. Maybe I should have picked easier resolutions, like "worry more about things" and "wear more neutral colors."

No comments: