Friday, November 16, 2007

I did it!

Today was my "final" run of the couch-to-5k training. I ran for 30 minutes without a break. I actually ran for 30 1/2 minutes to complete a lap.

This may actually have only come in to just short of a 5k. One or two more laps may have done it. I'll work up to counting the actual laps next week.

How do I feel about accomplishing this goal? Strangely, both really good and slightly anticlimactic. No streamers unfurled or balloons dropped from the ceiling of Ping when I finished that last lap. I just walked a few more to cool down, and then stretched like always. But I reached a goal that I set for myself way back in August, a milestone I honestly didn't think I'd reach.

Now I need to set some new goals.

Today's weight: 134 even.

1 comment:

KaperKate said...

I don't know how exactly I got through to this blog - I think it may have been through a comment on sweetsalty kate's - I just love seeing people take up running and love it so I've been cheering you on from the sidelines. Good for you!