Thursday, November 8, 2007

Nine weeks

Today is my 30th birthday. When I started this exercise/diet plan nine weeks ago, my goal was to be running a 5k by my birthday. I also wanted to have dropped some of that extra baby weight.

I'm almost there. I can run more than two miles without stopping. I'm adding a little bit of time every running day, so that I hope to be comfortably running a 5k by Thanksgiving. And although I didn't make my original goal, I still feel really good about what I have accomplished.

And my weight is down. I'm below 135. My measurements are within an inch of where I was pre-pregnancy. I can wear a lot of my old clothes, although some pants are still a bit snug. I would like to drop a few more pounds, but I would be happy just to maintain.

I'm going to try to run for 24 minutes this afternoon. I might not have time to post afterward, as the CRAZY BIRTHDAY FESTIVITIES will ensue. But I'll try to pop in.

No comments: