Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Today's run went well, but only after I came to the realization that I'm drifting away from the Couch-to-5k program. I didn't get in a third run last week at all. And my two runs were nowhere near the "run for 25 minutes" I was supposed to be doing.

I was feeling guilty about that today, about not having the time, ability, initiative, whatever to stick with the program. But then, as I was running, I thought "Hey, at least I'm improving." Today I ran for 18 minutes, then walked for five, and then ran for six more.

And you know what? I think I should feel pretty awesome about that. It shows that I've really come a long way in the past nine weeks. Even in the past three weeks. When I reached the 12-minute mark today, I thought "Two months ago I wouldn't have been able to do this at all." And then I kept running for six more minutes. And it felt pretty good.

No comments: