Sunday, October 7, 2007

week five continues

Yesterday I ran the second day of week five, which I will do again on Tuesday. And it went great! The run consisted of the normal five-minute warm-up walk, then eight minutes of running, another five-minute walk, and another eight-minute run. And that's it! I was intimidated at first by the eight minutes of running, but I found that after four or five minutes, a few more hardly matter. And strangely running only twice felt like less running somehow, even though I did a mile and a half total.

I think I might attribute my energy to the poffertjes I ate for breakfast. Yum.

Also, I have to recommend the book I'm reading right now: Real Food: What to Eat and Why, by Nina Planck. I hope to go into more detail after I finish the book, but I can honestly say it's transforming the way I think about food.

No comments: