Thursday, October 11, 2007

Two miles!

Break out the champagne! Today I ran two miles! Today I ran two miles (almost) nonstop!

What's that little parenthetical aside, you ask? Whither the "(almost)?"

Well, I didn't quite make it through without a break.

Today's run was twenty minutes. Of running. That's it. Warm up, run for twenty minutes/two miles, cool down. To my credit, I made it to seven minutes before I checked my watch. I made it to fourteen minutes before I had to walk. And I only walked for a minute before I started up again and finished the last six minutes.

I was counting my laps in my head as I went, and I found out that I actually hit two miles at around nineteen minutes. But kept going in case I was wrong and had lost count.

It feels great to have done it. It doesn't feel as great to have to do it again on Saturday.

No comments: