Saturday, September 15, 2007

Week 2 Done

Today I completed my last run for week two. I'm a little embarrassed to say that this means I've made it farther in the program than I ever did when I started before. I would always make it through the second run in week two, and then something would come up: a weekend away, out-of-town guests, bad weather or poor health...

So next week, week three, is new terrain for me. We'll see how it goes.

Today's run went really well. I felt stronger, and like I had more endurance, than before. I also was also pleased to discover that my enormous dinner from my date with Jeff last night didn't cause any weight gain. Yes, I could not resist the siren song of the scale. I tell myself I will weight only once a week so I don't become number-obsessed (since that's really not what this is about). But I was curious what kind of impact three jumbo sesame shrimp, french bread dipped in olive oil and parmesan, salad with creamy gorgonzola dressing, snap peas and carrots and potatoes and a sirloin steak the size of my daughter's thigh would make. Seriously, that was some meal. And I can't forget the strawberry amaretto cake for dessert. At least we split that. Gluttony! Hey, it was for our anniversary. Cut us some slack.

But after all that I was down almost another half pound from Monday. Weight now: 138.4.

No comments: