Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week four begins

The title of this post should have a parenthetical title as well. Week four begins (to kick my butt). Here's what I did today: five-minute warm-up walk. Then three minutes of running, ninety seconds of walking. Five minutes of running, two-and-a-half minutes of walking. Three minute run, ninety second walk. Then finish up with another five minute run and cool down.

It was rough. I was tired, and I could feel it. Plus, five minutes of running! Not just once, but twice! I did have to cheat and walk a little in the middle of the second five minutes. I'd like to say I felt great when I was done, but that would be a lie. I felt tired and achy. My side hurt, and my face was tingly and red. And then I had to walk home in the ninety-degree heat!

But I did feel good when I calculated my distance. I'm making about one lap around the track each minute. And a mile on the track is 9.5 laps. So, if I ran about sixteen laps, that's well over a mile and a half of running. Now, my math skills aren't so great, but I think that adds up to AWESOME.

Also felt good when I got on the scale and realize the feasting done this weekend with my in-laws (pizza! Village Bakery! Salaam! DAIRY QUEEN!!!) didn't hurt. Weight: 136.4.

No comments: